Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Michi

Stan Woo who received the following Email from tmichiyano@hotmail.com asked that it be put on the blog
This is Michi. I have troubled. This is report. Two days after I came home from Hawaii I went to the doctor for a checkup. My usual doctor wasn't in so I ended up with a young doc who asked me to have a blood sample taken and a few additional tests and examinations in the afternoon.
The doctor who examined me in afternoon told me I had symptoms of Jaundice and that I'd have to stay in the hospital. For the next eight days I went through a series of tests including CT Scan of the duodenum.
As the results came in, I learned I needed to be transferred to a larger hospital in Tokyo which could perform further testing. There I was told my gallbladder was affected and that I'd need an operation. However, the doctor said he couldn't operate until the Jaundice had subsided and that I must wait.
I was finally ready for my operation on April 14th, twenty-eight days after my admission to the hospital.  It was then that I was informed by the doctor that I had gallbladder cancer and that it would be a major operation.  The gallbladder had enlarged to more than triple its normal size and had to be removed. The operation started at 8:30 AM and lasted past 4PM. In additional to the gallbladder, portions of my bile duct, duodenum, stomach,
colon, and liver had to be taken. After the surgery I spent a day in the ICU and my life was supported by medication delivered through a dozen tubes. I suffered from high fever and delirium for many days. Unsurprisingly, I lost 15kg (33lbs) due to the strict diet and limited food I could have. Day by day more and more tubes were removed, the last one was taken away on May 13. The doctor said I could go home the next day if I wanted, but I may experience a high fever. I decided to stay in the hospital and sure enough, I suffered from a fever until the following morning. Now, I have recovered from it and came home today, May 16.

5 comments:

  1. Not Mjchi of Michi amd Keiko..MichiyanCharlieo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bostoncharlie sent comment above.should be Michiyamo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 回復されることを望みます。私の母親現在85歳ですが20年位前に胆嚢を全摘出しその後元気に回復しています。

    ReplyDelete
  4. I post Michi's photo on this Title.
    Now every can know which Michi is he?
    I got this email also from Michi.
    He got out alive, how he is fortunate!
    If his surgery be late 10 days, we can't see him forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon(^-^)/ ゆっくり休んで下さいね。

    ReplyDelete