Friday, December 12, 2014

Can you do this sit and rise exercise? It's harder than it looks. Most won't be able to do this.

While in the standing position, cross your legs and proceed to sit down. And from the sitting position, rise up into the standing position. Try not to use your hands to sit or rise. I have trouble doing it myself...usually, I need a hand on the ground. Meg did it hands-free. Here's the link on the article:



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2858804/Can-exercise-test-predict-DEATH-People-struggle-sitting-rising-test-five-times-likely-die.html



Have fun with it. --Curt

4 comments:

  1. I guess I'm not long for this world as I absolutely could not do either the down or the up!!

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, it's really really hard. Initially, I couldn't get back up without using one hand on the ground. And, I expect to live at least another 20 years.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yutaka-san. Since you're in excellent shape, were you able to sit and rise without using your hands?

      Delete