Sunday, February 16, 2014

In Honor of the Best Child Actress Ever; Rest in Peace, Ms Shirley Temple


For our Japanese friends, some of you may have heard that Shirley Temple passed away earlier this past week on Feb 10. But, did you know that she sang two songs in Japanese?  Here's the youtube link:



Kyoko T:  Wow I didn't know she sang Japanese traditional kids songs . My husband didn't know either .....
  • Kyoko T:  Remind me of gramma . My gramma used to sing those songs to me .....

  • Ted:  As a young kid actress, she was super! I wouldn't doubt if she had sung a Filipino rendition! I still watch ocassionally a collection of Temple's movies..Curly Sue, Heidi, etc,etc...
  • Chizuko:  Amazing!! Of course I know these songs my mom loved her I'll send to my dad's iPad I hope he can play youtube😅

  • Mikiko: Thank you very much
    This song is very famous Japanese fork song. I enjoyed a lots.  Miki from San Diego
    Curt:  Kyoko, Chizuko, & Miki:  I figured some of you may know these songs. That's great. Was Shirley Temple's Japanese pretty good? She was one special child.
  • Kyoko: She sang Japanese song pretty good . Big surprise !!

  • Ryouichi:  It is a phonograph record classic.  I think as you say, most Japanese do not know. Thank you for the valuable information.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment